Friday 13 January 2017

ZeroNet for Uncensorable Websites

Consonant with the theme of decentralisation via P2P and BitTorrent is ZeroNet which claims to offer "open, free and uncensorable websites, using Bitcoin cryptography and BitTorrent network".


I was first alerted to this idea via a Corbett Report video on YouTube that was uploaded on the 12th January 2017 but is dated March 28th 2014. The MeowBit.com website mentioned in this video hasn't been updated since that time and any YouTube videos also date to 2014. ZeroNet seems to have now taken over as the driving force behind the popularisation of this technology. 

AceLewis has a YouTube channel with many instructional videos, the most recent of which was posted only a month ago. I've linked to the website above. Here is the first in his series of instructional videos, titled Introduction to ZeroNet and posted 11 months ago:


However, after downloading ZeroNet to my Mac, it doesn't open even after I watched his instructional video and followed all the steps. I need to investigate further but I've made a start at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment